I have chose this idea because it is something I feel I could do much better from last year. I want to know what are some activities kids can be doing that are cognitively engaging when they aren't working with the teacher. Also, how can I facilitate this in the classroom without impairing my precious group teaching time.
Some possible steps I have outlined include:
- Networking online to find out what is being done for higher order thinking tasks.
- Visit other classrooms/schools to observe the impact different learning tasks have on student learning and engagement in maths.
- Use Khan academy model for students to create rewindable learning videos.
- Develop learning activities that focus on problem solving and creating.
- Make students’ learning more visible (what they have learnt).